...Writings from all kinds of fandoms...

The Lie by Alvina

Rated: G

[Reviews: 0]

Alex remembers his lost love…

Categories : Fanfictions Backstreet Boys

Character : Alex Mclean

Pairings : None

Genre : Drama, Romance

Warnings : None

Chapters : 1

Completed : Yes

Word count : 607

Read count: 12


Published: February 24, 2006

Updated: February 24, 2006

The Lie Chapter 01

Text size
0 Reviews

It was going to happen all along. The worst part is, Alex knew; he just didn't want to see it. He thought if he just made her happy everything will be al right. He tried to make her happy. Tried everything he could. He'd send her flowers, lilies for they were her favourite kind. He's given her jewels, clothes, cards, a car, a piano… all to keep her happy and satisfied but… it was not enough.

Alex still remembers that fateful day. That day he'd woke up and she was already out of bed. He took a shower, brushes his teeth and got dressed. Then he walked downstairs and saw her sitting on the couch hugging a cup of tea between her hands. He slowly made his way over to the couch and sat down. "Are you al right?" he asked softly, dreading the answer.

Kristy slowly turned towards Alex, then back to her cup of tea. She swallowed the last of the tea and put it back onto the table. "You've got to go to work today?" she asked him avoiding his question.

"Yes, Kevin wants a meeting before we go on tour," Alex answered.

"I won't be here," she informed him "when you come back, I mean." She turned towards Alex and saw how this did not surprise him yet he was still holding back the tears that were dreading to fall out of his eyes. She shook her head and pulled him near, hugging him. "We both knew this day would come," she whispered softly caressing his hair.

"I know," Alex said. "But that doesn't make it less painful."

"I am sorry Alex. But… If you need me you can always call me," she said hoping to comfort him in a way.

Alex almost laughed and pulled away. "Do not worry, I will not call you," he said his pride stepping in.

"There is just one thing I would like to know…" he started. "Did you find someone else? Someone better than me?" He saw her flinch but he did not loose eye contact.

"Alex, it is not your fault. We both knew this was going to happen," she replied not knowing what else to say. "When we started this relationship you wanted both of us to be happy," Alex nodded, he had said that and he still believed it. "Well, I am not happy any more. I cannot stand the fact you are always away… touring, to a meeting. It… I just feel lonely."

Alex kept quiet when she said her piece and nodded when she finished. "I understand," he said, then he slowly got up. "I need to get to work, a meeting," he said and with one glance back at Kristy he left.

When Alex returned that evening there was no sign of Kristy. Nor was there any sign that she had even been in the house. He wanted to go upstairs to take a shower when he found a note. This, he noted, was written in Kristy's handwriting. "If you want to talk, and do not have work, by all means call me…" it read. Alex tore it up in pieces then let it fall out of his hand and walked up the stairs. Tears were making its way down his face but he did not care; he walked into the bathroom and turned on the shower.

Even though the world seemed like a dark and terrible place at the moment, he will find the way to carry on…

My heart did time in Siberia
Was waiting for the lie to come true
‘Cause it's all so dark and mysterious
When the one you want doesn't want you too

The End
24 February 2006

Review